Saturday, June 7, 2014

Half Empty or Half Full?

Are you a glass half empty or glass half full kind of person?  Be honest! 

As I left the last day of CORE on Thursday, headed to class, I didn't think my brain could hold any more information.  I had attended several sessions, heard two amazing keynote speakers, and presented a session myself, with my friend Amy.  I needed time to process information.  But can our brains really get full?  I think not.  Once my brain slowed down a little and I was able to process the loads of information that I learned, I was ready to find something else to learn about.  So I guess what I am really getting at is, "Is your brain half empty or half full?"  If it is half empty, that is not a bad thing.  It simply means that you have some room left to learn new things.

One of the tools I have discovered in the last week is infographic-making tools.  For example, here is a link that goes to an infographic and gives a little information about the flipped classroom (something I am becoming increasingly interested in):
 http://www.knewton.com/flipped-classroom/

Infographics can be used by students in the classroom to create responses to literature, book reviews, or even to share their learning in math.  The possibilities could be endless.  Piktochart is one of many infographic makers available.  The tool is free to educators, with a limited selection of templates and designs, of course.  And I am sure there are many others out there that I have not even begun to explore.  Piktochart seems very simple to understand with easy-to-follow instructions.  I am thinking of incorporating these into my college classes as well.

Want to try your hand at creating infographics?  Give Piktochart a try.  Click here to see the site.

As I continue to investigate the many tools available for our use in the classroom, I will pass them along here.  Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment