Tuesday, June 3, 2014

At the CORE of learning

I am a nerd.  Self-proclaimed, so there's no need for name-calling.  I thoroughly enjoy attending workshops where I either a) learn a lot of new information that can be used in the classroom or b) receive confirmation that I am on the right track in my own classroom.  Both of those things occurred today at CORE Academy, a conference developed by innovative educators from Jacksonville State University.  The conference is designed for college faculty, local educators, and administrators.  The sessions are offered and presented by faculty, teachers, and administrators.
In today's sessions, I gained a fresh, new understand of using modern technologies such as Quick Reference (or QR) codes.  Additionally, I learned a little more about service learning and taking students out of the classroom for learning.
I am thoroughly looking forward to tomorrow's sessions.  I will be posting some of my new findings in the next few days.  Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment